Thursday, April 23, 2009

Event Pan/Crop

When i finish all my edits, I have been going back through and individually setting each clip to 16x9 which takes a while.

Shortcut:
Set the first clip to 16x9.
Right click, "Copy".
Highlight/Select ALL THE REST OF YOUR CLIPS.
Right click, "Paste Event Attributes".
All clips should be 16x9.

Be careful if you have a bunch of effects, because im not sure if it will copy those.
I know it DOESN'T copy fades or anything like that... so just double check.

Hopefully that helps someone. lol.



Just rendered a test for the intro after the intro for my section.
(after the sequence, when the music kicks in)
It is SWEET! hahahaha.
I wish i had everything ready to edit my whole section. Beyahh!

5 comments:

Gym AllStar said...

Embers, thanks for the shortcut, that does help a lot.. when I edit the 16:9 gets kind of choppy on my comp so maybe editing in the lower frame size and then upping it to 16:9 at the end would help me, thanks budddddddddyy BTW the new graphic in game looks sick with TRIPLE THREAT down the sides (cannot see it on white background but it is there!)

mamba said...

i'll definitely be using this later today...cryptic...

Embers said...

No problem man.
My comp isnt the greatest... Vegas has always been choppy. Since I use it so much, i've just learned to trust it. It's always going to be a bit choppy when your previewing while editing. A lot of starting and stopping.

I just follow the song, get into a flow, and I can knock it out.

Figure out what works for you, and run with it.

Roccityroller said...

i love you...no homo.

Beat Chemist said...

Depending on your flv decoder, you might be able to do the cropping as you convert from flv. I do this now and it works great. Just drag and drop clips and don't worry about the tedious cropping in Vegas.

Thanks for this tip though... should help save some time.

-BeatChemist